N-Acetyl Selank (10mg)
Contents: N-Acetyl Selank
Form: Lyophilized powder
FREE Shipping on $200+ orders
FREE Bacteriostatic Water (30ml) on $200+ orders
Discount per Quantity
|5 - 8||5%||$63.65|
N-Acetyl Selank Peptide
N-Acetyl Selank is a short, synthetic heptapeptide analogous to the naturally occurring peptide called Tuftsin.(1) Tuftsin is an endogenous tetrapeptide that appears to regulate the immune system. Selank peptide may exhibit immunomodulatory potential; however, it has also been studied in relation to anxiety as an anxiolytic and cognition as a nootropic.
Studies suggest that the Selank peptide produces possible action in two ways:(2)(3)
(a) By stimulating the gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptors system
(b) Via genome expression and involvement in the inflammatory process
Molecular Formula: C33H57N11O9
Molecular Weight: 751.9 g/mol
Other known titles: TP-7, Selanc
Research and Clinical Studies
N-Acetyl Selank and Anxiolytic Action
In 2008, a clinical study(5) was conducted on 62 subjects with a generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). All subjects were divided into two groups – half were presented with allopathic anxiety compounds, and the other half were presented with Selank peptide. After completing this study, the psychometric levels of all 62 subjects were examined.
Based on the results, it was suggested that the Selank peptide appeared to be as impactful as the control compound in reducing the anxiety levels of the subjects. The peptide subjects also exhibited apparently positive psychostimulant reactions. As per A A Zozulia et al., “The clinical-biological study revealed that patients with GAD and neurasthenia had the decreased level of tau(1/2) leu-enkephalin which was correlated with disease duration, the severity of symptoms related to anxiety and asthenia and autonomic disorders. The increase of this parameter and stronger positive correlations with anxiety level were observed during the treatment with selank mostly in patients with GAD.”
N-Acetyl Selank and Anxiety
In this study(6), 60 subjects with anxiety and phobia were registered. All subjects were randomly divided into two groups, one of which was presented with an allopathic compound, and the rest with Selank peptide. After this study's completion, the results suggested the peptide's anxiolytic and nootropic potential.
N-Acetyl Selank and Mental Cognition
Research studies(7) in experimental rats were presented with Selank peptide, after which these rats were made to undergo ‘training’ for four days to learn conditioned avoidance response (CAR). Observing the behavior of the rats throughout the training period, researchers reported that the rats’ learning abilities appeared to improve as the number of errors reduced over time. These researchers suggested that the peptide exhibited practical nootropic potential.
N-Acetyl Selank and Immunomodulation
Test subjects with anxiety and neurasthenia were enrolled in this clinical study(8), and all were given the peptide for two weeks. After two weeks, the blood samples from all subjects were collected and examined. It was reported that there was a significant rise in the levels of interleukin-6 cytokines and alteration in the Th1 to Th2 cytokine ratio. As per O.N. Uchakina et al., "The cytokine regulating effects revealed in the study suggest that selank can be used as a novel immunomodulator in patients with anxiety-asthenic disorders. Additionally, the adaptogenic properties of selank may benefit its use in elderly people and people exposed to environmental stressors to prevent infectious diseases.”
N-Acetyl Selank and Substance Withdrawal
A study(9) in experimental rats infused the animals with 10% ethanol for 24 weeks. Upon discontinuing alcohol infusion, these rats exhibited significant alcohol withdrawal symptoms. At this time, the peptide was then given to all affected rats. 48 hours after the peptide, it was suggested by the researchers that the alcohol withdrawal symptoms were reportedly reduced in all rats.
N-Acetyl Selank and Weight Loss, Cholesterol Control
In one study(10), 37 rats were given high-fat food for six consecutive weeks until these rats gained significant weight. Later, these rats were divided into two groups – one of which was given a sodium chloride solution, and the rest the Selank peptide. Upon analysis, it was observed that the peptide group exhibited apparently improved fat metabolism, with the levels of cholesterol being reduced by up to 58%.
N-Acetyl Selank peptide is available for research and laboratory purposes only. Please review and adhere to our Terms and Conditions before ordering.
- Kozlovskaya MM, Kozlovskii II, Val'dman EA, Seredenin SB. Selank and short peptides of the tuftsin family in the regulation of adaptive behavior in stress. Neurosci Behav Physiol. 2003 Nov;33(9):853-60. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/14969422/
- Volkova, A., Shadrina, M., Kolomin, T., Andreeva, L., Limborska, S., Myasoedov, N., & Slominsky, P. (2016). Selank Administration Affects the Expression of Some Genes Involved in GABAergic Neurotransmission. Frontiers in pharmacology, 7, 31. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4757669/
- T.A Kolomin et al., Transcriptomic Response of Rat Hippocampus and Spleen Cells to Single and Chronic Administration of the Peptide Selank. June 2, 2009. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Timur-Kolomin/publication/43097180
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (2023). PubChem Compound Summary for CID 11765600, Selank. https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Selank
- Zozulia AA, Neznamov GG, Siuniakov TS, Kost NV, Gabaeva MV, Sokolov OIu, Serebriakova EV, Siranchieva OA, Andriushenko AV, Telesheva ES, Siuniakov SA, Smulevich AB, Miasoedov NF, Seredenin SB. Efficacy and possible mechanisms of action of a new peptide anxiolytic selank in the therapy of generalized anxiety disorders and neurasthenia. Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova. 2008;108(4):38-48. Russian. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18454096/
- Medvedev VE, Tereshchenko ON, Israelian AIu, Chobanu IK, Kost NV, Sokolov OIu, Miasoedov NF. A comparison of the anxiolytic effect and tolerability of selank and phenazepam in the treatment of anxiety disorders. Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova. 2014;114(7):17-22. Russian. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25176261/
- Kozlovskii II, Danchev ND. The optimizing action of the synthetic peptide Selank on a conditioned active avoidance reflex in rats. Neurosci Behav Physiol. 2003 Sep;33(7):639-43. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/14552529/
- Uchakina ON, Uchakin PN, Miasoedov NF, Andreeva LA, Shcherbenko VE, Mezentseva MV, Gabaeva MV, Sokolov OIu, Zozulia AA, Ershov FI. Immunomodulatory effects of selank in patients with anxiety-asthenic disorders. Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova. 2008;108(5):71-5. Russian. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18577961/
- Kolik LG, Nadorova AV, Kozlovskaya MM. Efficacy of peptide anxiolytic selank during modeling of withdrawal syndrome in rats with stable alcoholic motivation. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2014 May;157(1):52-5. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24913576/
- N.F. Mjasoedov et al, The Influence of Selank on the Parameters of the Hemostasis System, Lipid Profile, and Blood Sugar Level in the Course of Experimental Metabolic Syndrome. April 14, 2014.